Easily Remove Resistant Coatings and Extreme Rust
TALK TO AN EXPERT
With GMA Garnet™, a clean surface is just the beginning. Let’s talk about how GMA can produce the range of surface profiles that your protective coatings require — safely, efficiently and without disrupting your facility.
GMA's ExtremeBlastTM is our coarsest garnet grade engineered for the most resilient coating removal jobs. The unique blend of both alluvial and hard rock garnet is ideal for industrial maintenance in refineries, shipyards and offshore platforms.
Our angular hard rock garnet removes resilient industrial coatings, and the durability of our sub-angular alluvial garnet helps sweep off remaining surface contaminants.
Throughout the world, garnet is recognized as the leading high performance, cost efficient and safe choice for a variety of blasting applications.
- Coarsest grade for removal of thick resilient coatings in extreme conditions
- Ideal for removal of high build coatings and marine foulings
- Strongest garnet abrasive grade.
Removal of exceptionally resistant specialty coatings, thick mil tank liners and marine foulings.
- Uniform surface profile: 3.5 - 4.5 mil
- Blasting rates: 260 ft2/hr
- Consumption rates: As low as 2 lb/ft2 .
- Removal of 30+ mil (762 μm) coatings
- Heavy industrial maintenance on tank liners, coal tar, heavy marine coatings and fouling
- High build coating removal
- Offshore platform deck coatings
- TSA Removal and Preparation
- Ship hulls and ballast tanks.
- Oil & Gas
- Shipyards maintenance & repair
- Water waste treatment